Associate Director, Wealth Management
Ed is an associate director in Cerulli’s Wealth Management practice and leads research for the U.S. Intermediary Distribution report. His research focuses on distribution strategies for retail asset management products sold through financial advisors, advisor product use, and portfolio construction trends.
Prior to joining Cerulli Associates, Ed worked as an internal wholesaler at Wells Fargo Asset Management. There, he spent nearly a decade working with financial advisors in the wirehouse, independent broker/dealer, and RIA channels.
- Hampshire College, B.A.
Music Performance and Composition
Areas of Expertise
- Trends impacting retail asset management, including the opportunities and risks affecting distribution teams across channels
- Territory coverage models and resource allocation
- Staffing and compensation for wholesaling teams
- Key accounts' engagement with professional buyers
- Financial advisors' value-add preferences, portfolio construction behavior, and product use
Recent Project Work
- Devised market-entry strategy for institutional asset manager seeking to enter high-net-worth and traditional retail wealth management segments
- Custom research focused portfolio construction and ETF use by advisors in the independent channels.
- Data-driven white paper on the value of the Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) and the Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®) certifications, in partnership with the Investments & Wealth Institute (formerly IMCA)
Learn More about the U.S. Wealth Management Practice
Our Wealth Management practice is split into four distinct areas of coverage—offering top-down and bottom-up insights into the multi-faceted corners of the industry.