Daniil Shapiro, CFA
Director, Product Development
Daniil is part of Cerulli’s Product Development practice, where he works on the identification, analysis, and reporting of asset management industry trends with a focus on exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and alternative investments.
Prior to joining Cerulli Associates, Daniil was part of the Product Management and Business Intelligence teams with the MainStay Funds, part of New York Life Investment Management. At MainStay, Daniil supported sales efforts via fund and ETF competitive analysis, product research, and development of marketing materials, as well as performance reporting. Before New York Life, Daniil was part of the risk management practice at Accenture, and held risk and compliance roles at HSBC’s investment bank.
- Baruch College
B.B.A. in Finance and Investment
- CFA® charterholder, FRM & CIPM designations
Honors and Awards
- Frequently quoted in financial press on ETF and alternative investments trends
- First investor in a non-transparent active ETF (FDG) on 4/2/2020
Areas of Expertise
- Financial product management & marketing for asset managers
- Advisor use of ETFs and alternative investments
- Fund performance analysis
- Financial services risk management including operational risk.
Recent Project Work
- Advisor portfolio construction white paper for a U.S. ETF issuer
Learn More about the U.S. Product Development Practice
Cerulli’s U.S. Product Development practice explores demand, distribution, and innovation across packaged vehicles to provide the insights needed for continuous expansion.