Research Analyst, Retail Investor
John specializes in investor trends and behaviors across different provider and advisory relationships. He contributes to The Cerulli Edge—U.S. Retail Investor Edition and two annual reports, as well as providing quantitative and qualitative analyses for multiple practices and consulting engagements.
Prior to joining Cerulli Associates, John was an assistant at Harvard Kennedy School of Government, researching philanthropic habits among ultra-high-net-worth Chinese and American benefactors.
- Bentley University
Master of Business Administration
- Fordham University
Bachelor of Arts in Economics with minor in Political Science
Areas of Expertise
- Affluent investor preferences regarding advisor and provider relationships, investment opportunities, and planning behaviors across different generations and wealth levels
- Behavioral financial advice (analyzing investor and advisor biases and their impacts on financial decision making)
- Digital advice market trends regarding asset growth and service offerings in the industry
- Wealth management brand awareness among affluent investors
Recent Project Work
- Created the Cerulli ESG Advice Opportunity Index to gauge investor sentiment towards sustainable and socially responsible investing, as well as advisor opportunity to engage clients on the topic
- Custom indices measuring traditional and digital wealth management brand awareness
- Analyses of investor and advisor preparedness for economic recessions
- Custom survey analyses on investor demand for professional financial advice for a major industry trade group
Learn More about the U.S. Wealth Management Practice
Our Wealth Management practice is split into four distinct areas of coverage—offering top-down and bottom-up insights into the multi-faceted corners of the industry.