U.S. Retail Investor
Connect with U.S. Retail Investor Trends
- Gauge the past performance of U.S. advisors and project future gains
- Assess investor behavior and changes investors are making to their relationships with advisors, direct providers, and technology platforms
- Evaluate how investors plan to change their consumption of financial services information and preferred channels and methods of communication
Explore the Publication
Understand the behaviors, motivations, and decision criteria of investors across the full spectrum of age and wealth tiers. This publication provides timely insights into the preferences of U.S. households. It also provides strategic and tactical recommendations for asset managers, distributors, and other industry stakeholders.
Q3 2022 — Assessing the Millennial Market Issue
- A Generation Coming Into Its Own
- Cryptocurrency—The Next Frontier?
Q2 2022 — Advice Orientation Issue
- Reassessing the Advice Continuum
- Profiling Behavioral Advice Segments
Q1 2022 — Emerging Affluent Issue
- Finding the Right Partner
- Supporting Emerging Affluent Engagement
Q4 2021 — Self-Directed Investors Issue
- Diving in on “Self-Directed” Engagement
Q3 2021 — Environmental, Social, and Governance Issue
- Targeting to ESG Nuances
- Understanding Resistance
Q2 2021 — Trust Issue
- Assessing Client Trust Across Segments
- Robinhood, Meme Stocks, and Fiduciary Responsibility
U.S. Retail Investor Edition
The Cerulli Edge is the best way to stay up to speed on what’s happening across the global asset and wealth management industries.
Meet the Team
The U.S. Investor team is committed to providing ground-breaking insights on what end-investors want, what channels they prefer to access, and their sentiment across myriad factors. Learn how they can help you better service this segment of the market.
With more than 20 years of financial services industry experience, Scott leads Cerulli’s research efforts focused on investor behavior and advisory relationships. In his time at Cerulli, he has authored more than two dozen in-depth reports on topics ranging from wholesale distribution to digital advice platforms. His research helps Cerulli’s clients understand how to optimize their platforms given the evolving demand for financial advice.
Scott started his career wearing a headset at Putnam Investments’ service center in 1996, before moving to more strategic roles at MFS Investment Management starting in 2000, and then to Cerulli in 2007. In addition, he currently serves as member of the CFP Board’s Digital Advice Working Group, and as a judge for the wealthmanagement.com Industry Awards.
Full biography here.
John specializes in investor trends and behaviors across different provider and advisory relationships. He contributes to The Cerulli Edge—Retail Investor series and two annual reports, as well as providing quantitative and qualitative analyses for multiple practices and consulting engagements.
Prior to joining Cerulli Associates, John was an assistant at Harvard Kennedy School of Government, researching philanthropic habits among ultra-high-net-worth Chinese and American benefactors.
Full biography here.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Annual report
- The Cerulli Edge
- Cerulli Lodestar