U.S. Managed Accounts
Connect with the U.S. Managed Accounts Industry
- Assess how managed account sponsors are streamlining the advisor experience using simplified, open-architecture platforms and the implications for asset managers
- Evaluate opportunities for managers beyond the wirehouse channel
- Understand the opportunity set for direct index separately managed accounts (SMAs) and fintech solutions that permit mass customization
Explore the Publication
Access timely insights into trends within the managed accounts industry based on Cerulli’s Quarterly Managed Accounts Survey, which has been in circulation for more than 20 years. This publication addresses retail fee-based distribution opportunities for mutual funds, ETFs, and separate accounts.
Q2 2021 — Product Issue
- Adding Value to Beta
- Giving the People What They Want
Q1 2021 — Models and Proprietary Programs Issue
- The Model-Resistant World of Fixed Income
- Back to the Future?
Q4 2020 — Fee Issue
- Managed Account Program Fees 2020
Q3 2020 — Portfolio Construction Issue
- A Promise Unfulfilled
- Making Peace with Advisor Discretion
- The Rise of Model-Delivered: Consistently Gaining Equity Marketshare
Q2 2020 — COVID-19 Impact Issue
- Portfolios in a Time of Pandemic
- Managed Accounts: Moving Beyond the Wirehouses
Q1 2020 — Platform Rationalization Issue
- Back to the Future
- Inefficient Platforms—the Downside of Independence
- Keeping Their Place
Meet the Team
Powering insights that inform strategic business decisions, this team is devoted to understanding and analyzing changes in asset flows, uncovering technology shifts, and advising clients on product and business opportunities.
Tom O'Shea, CFA
Tom has over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry. Prior to joining Cerulli, Tom was an Investment Product Manager at Fidelity’s Global Asset Allocation Division, where he played a leadership role in the ongoing development of Fidelity Personalized Portfolios, Fidelity’s Unified Managed Account (UMA) for retail customers. He also led the investment managers in creating the Breckenridge Municipal Portfolio, Fidelity’s first separate account for consumers managed by a third party. Before working on the retail side of Fidelity, Tom built and led the team that developed Fidelity’s Separate Account Network for registered investment advisors (RIAs), and his group partnered with a third party wrap sponsor to create Managed Account Resources, a UMA platform for RIAs.
Tom began his career in high tech, working in sales, business development, and product management at a number of software firms, including Lotus Development Corporation.
Fill Biography here.
As an analyst on the Managed Accounts team, Bryan oversees the asset manager database. He also provides survey support for the Product Development and Institutional teams at Cerulli.
Prior to joining Cerulli Associates, Bryan worked as a Data Analyst at Definitive Healthcare, where he completed a diligence project on the company database consisting of over 20,000 firms.
Full biography here.
Jacqueline is a member of the Managed Accounts practice, where she leads in collecting and analyzing Managed Accounts sponsor data for the annual Cerulli Report—U.S. Managed Accounts and the quarterly Cerulli Edge—Managed Accounts Edition. She also contributes to maintaining Cerulli’s proprietary survey process for all teams across the company.
Full biography here.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Annual report
- Cerulli Edge
- Cerulli Lodestar