U.S. Managed Accounts
Connect with the U.S. Managed Accounts Industry
- Assess how managed account sponsors are streamlining the advisor experience using simplified, open-architecture platforms and the implications for asset managers
- Evaluate opportunities for managers beyond the wirehouse channel
- Understand the opportunity set for direct index separately managed accounts (SMAs) and fintech solutions that permit mass customization
Explore the Publication
Access timely insights into trends within the managed accounts industry based on Cerulli’s Quarterly Managed Accounts Survey, which has been in circulation for more than 20 years. This publication addresses retail fee-based distribution opportunities for mutual funds, ETFs, and separate accounts.
Q1 2022 — Evolving Technology Issue
- Beyond Beta: The Emergence of Personalized Separately Managed Accounts
- Three Decades of TAMPs
Q4 2021 — Fees Issue
- Understanding Managed Account Fees
Q3 2021 — Platform Consolidation and Customization Issue
- Customization and Consolidation Working Hand in Hand
- Separate Accounts Go Back to Their Roots
- Slow and Steady Wins the Race: The Movement toward a Consolidated Platform
Q2 2021 — Product Issue
- Adding Value to Beta
- Giving the People What They Want
Q1 2021 — Models and Proprietary Programs Issue
- The Model-Resistant World of Fixed Income
- Back to the Future?
Q4 2020 — Fee Issue
- Managed Account Program Fees 2020
Meet the Team
Powering insights that inform strategic business decisions, this team is devoted to understanding and analyzing changes in asset flows, uncovering technology shifts, and advising clients on product and business opportunities.
Tom O'Shea, CFA
Tom has over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry. Prior to joining Cerulli, Tom was an Investment Product Manager at Fidelity’s Global Asset Allocation Division, where he played a leadership role in the ongoing development of Fidelity Personalized Portfolios, Fidelity’s Unified Managed Account (UMA) for retail customers. He also led the investment managers in creating the Breckenridge Municipal Portfolio, Fidelity’s first separate account for consumers managed by a third party. Before working on the retail side of Fidelity, Tom built and led the team that developed Fidelity’s Separate Account Network for registered investment advisors (RIAs), and his group partnered with a third party wrap sponsor to create Managed Account Resources, a UMA platform for RIAs.
Tom began his career in high tech, working in sales, business development, and product management at a number of software firms, including Lotus Development Corporation.
Full biography here.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Annual report
- The Cerulli Edge
- Cerulli Lodestar