Connect with Trends in U.S. Retirement
- Access product, marketing, distribution, sales, platform, and regulatory trends in the U.S. retirement marketplace
- Explore key trends affecting the U.S. retirement market, including the following segments: IRAs, corporate and NFP/governmental DC plans, and corporate and public DB plans
- Gain qualitative insight and analyze proprietary data garnered from a variety of sources
Explore this Publication
Stay on top of the latest product, marketing, distribution, sales, platform, and regulatory trends in the U.S. retirement marketplace. Focused on the public and private defined benefit and defined contribution markets, IRAs, and rollovers, each Edge issue addresses topics critical to firms—asset managers, distributors, plan providers, and third-party vendors—competing for retirement dollars.
Q1 2021 — Professionally Managed Solutions Issue
- Key Developments in Defined Contribution Managed Account Programs
- Target-Date Market Sees Increased Intermediation from Consultants and Advisors
Q4 2020 — 2021 Trends Issue
- Pooled Employer Plans—the Next Big Thing?
- Advantageous Timing for Roth IRA Market Growth
Q3 2020 — Health Savings Account and Retirement Plan Litigation Issue
- Health Savings Accounts: The Lesser-Known Retirement Savings Vehicle
- Litigation in Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
Q2 2020 — COVID-19 Issue
- Retirement Providers’ Response to a Health and Economic Crisis
- Participant Behavior During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Q1 2020 — Retirement Income Issue
- Piecing Together the Retirement Income Puzzle
- Lifetime Income Products in 401(k) Plans
Meet the Team
Through granular data analysis and interviews with industry executives, they define retirement industry trends, test market assumptions, and deliver novel insights. Gain the clarity you need to chart your strategic course with our retirement experts.
Anna specializes in U.S. retirement market trends with a focus on defined contribution (DC) plans and individual retirement accounts (IRAs), including coverage of 401(k) plan sponsors and plan participants. She is a member of the Retirement practice, where she leads development of Cerulli’s Retirement Lodestar, a web-based interactive business development platform; and quantitative models to forecast market growth. She also contributes to The Cerulli Edge series and provides qualitative and quantitative analysis to support strategic consulting engagements.
Prior to joining Cerulli Associates, Anna was at Wellesley Investment Advisors. In her role, she complied and organized client reports and marketing materials for financial advisors.
Full biography here.
Shawn O'Brien, CFA
As a senior analyst, Shawn is responsible for covering the retirement markets space, focusing specifically on defined contribution (DC) plans, the IRA market, and asset managers’ DCIO strategies. He contributes to The Cerulli Report and The Cerulli Edge series.
Prior to joining Cerulli Associates, Shawn worked as a Research Associate at Harvard Business School, where he co-authored case studies alongside professors focusing on investment management for individual and institutional investors, and innovations in financial technology. Prior to that, he worked in the Currency Management group at State Street Global Markets, employing currency overlay strategies for large asset managers and asset owners.
Full biography here.
Daniel joined Cerulli Associates in 2019 and is a member of both the Retirement and Institutional practices. He leads and supports consulting engagements with asset managers in the areas of strategy, operations, and marketing. He also contributes to several annual reports and The Cerulli Edge series.
Before joining Cerulli Associates, Daniel was an Investment Manager at MedStar Health from 2017 to 2019. In this role, he managed asset allocation, manager selection, and portfolio analytics for three investment pools totaling $2.7 billion. From 2014 to 2017, he was an Investment Analyst on the Global Equity team at Strategic Investment Group, an outsourced chief investment officer.
Full biography here.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Annual report
- Cerulli Edge
- Cerulli Lodestar