Director, Wealth Management
As director of the Wealth Management practice, Michael is responsible for researching trends within the wealth management industry that impact broker/dealers. In this capacity, he regularly engages with key constituents that comprise the wealth management ecosystem, including investors, financial advisors, financial institutions, and technology providers, in order to measure key market characteristics and to advise financial institutions. Michael also collaborates with his Cerulli colleagues in support of the firm’s broader research into the wealth management industry.
Prior to joining Cerulli, Michael spent eight years working as a financial advisor, providing comprehensive wealth management services to high-net-worth individuals and families. Prior to his role as a financial advisor, Michael served as a research analyst for IDC, where he was responsible for researching trends within the technology industry and advising senior business executives on product strategy.
- Bentley University
B.S. in Finance and M.S. in Taxation
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning from Bentley University
Honors and Awards
- Currently serves on the board of the Trusts and Estates Consortium
Areas of Expertise
- Advisor affiliation trends
- Advisor compensation trends
- B/D mergers and acquisitions
- B/D technology platforms
- B/D product platforms and services
- Industry regulation and compliance
- Rookie advisor recruitment programs
- Competitive differentiation among B/D firms
- Evolution in B/D revenue sources
Recent Project Work
- Consulting project advising a large B/D firm on the creation of a thought leadership campaign
- Author of The Cerulli Report—U.S. Broker/Dealer Marketplace 2020: The Increasing Impact of Culture
- Author of numerous Cerulli Edge articles
Learn More about the U.S. Wealth Managment Practice
Our Wealth Management practice is split into four distinct areas of coverage—offering top-down and bottom-up insights into the multi-faceted corners of the industry.