Michael Rose, MST
Director, Wealth Management
Michael is a director within Cerulli’s Wealth Management practice, where he researches key elements of the wealth management industry, with an emphasis on broker/dealers and wealth management technology. In this capacity, he regularly engages with constituents across the wealth management ecosystem, including retail investors, financial advisors, and executives within wealth management, asset management, and technology firms, in order to support Cerulli’s market research initiatives.
Prior to joining Cerulli, Michael spent eight years working as a financial advisor, providing comprehensive wealth management services to high-net-worth individuals and families. Prior to his role as a financial advisor, Michael served as a research analyst for IDC, where he was responsible for researching trends within the technology industry and advising senior business executives on product strategy.
- Bentley University
B.S. in Finance and M.S. in Taxation
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning from Bentley University
Honors and Awards
- Quoted frequently in industry-leading publications as a subject matter expert on wealth management trends (FundFire, Ignites, ThinkAdvisor, AdvisorHub, Financial Planning Magazine)
- Regular presenter and panelist at industry conferences and events
Areas of Expertise
- Advisor affiliation trends
- Advisor compensation trends
- B/D mergers and acquisitions
- B/D technology platforms
- B/D product platforms and services
- Industry regulation and compliance
- Rookie advisor recruitment programs
- Competitive differentiation among B/D firms
- Evolution in B/D revenue sources
Recent Project Work
Learn More about the U.S. Wealth Managment Practice
Our Wealth Management practice is split into four distinct areas of coverage—offering top-down and bottom-up insights into the multi-faceted corners of the industry.