James N. Tamposi, CFA
Associate Director, U.S. Institutional
James (Jack) is the lead author of Cerulli’s The Cerulli Report—North American Institutional Markets report and sets the agenda for Cerulli’s periodical The Cerulli Edge—U.S. Institutional Edition. Jack has led U.S. market entry strategy and U.S. institutional pricing optimization projects, supporting both foreign and domestic asset managers. During his time at Cerulli, he has contributed to reports across Cerulli’s suite of institutional research, focusing on topics such as insurance general accounts, outsourced chief investment officers, alternative investments, and U.S. subadvisory.
Prior to joining Cerulli, Jack worked as a Research Associate for Chatham Partners.
- Bates College
B.A. in Economics
Areas of Expertise
- Institutional channel targeting and prospecting (insurance general accounts, defined benefit plans, endowments, foundations, health and hospital investors)
- Institutional vehicle use and product trends
- Pricing and fee negotiation tactics
- Channel market sizing and growth
Recent Project Work
- Built U.S. institutional market entry strategy for Canadian manager, including a detailed capital budgeting proposal.
- Advised institutional manager on pricing optimization, including competitive analysis of institutional management fees across the spectrum of institutional vehicles.
- Advised ETF sponsor on U.S. insurance general account client expansion strategy
- Created competitive analysis of outsourced chief investment officers, including an advisory pricing analysis
Learn more about the Institutional Practice
Cerulli’s Institutional team provides the industry with clarity to base well-grounded business decisions.