Brendan Powers, CFA
Associate Director, Product Development
Brendan is a member of Cerulli’s Product Development practice, which focuses on trends related to asset managers’ product development and management functions. This broadly includes assessing the opportunity for product development, evaluating emerging product trends, and understanding distribution and product positioning for investment products across retail and institutional channels.
Prior to joining Cerulli, Brendan worked as a Senior Client Associate at Eaton Vance Management, focusing primarily on the firm’s exchange funds.
- Trinity College
Bachelor of Science in Economics
Honors and Awards
- Quoted frequently in industry-leading publications as a subject matter expert on asset management trends (FundFire, Ignites, Financial Times, Fund Intelligence)
- Regular presenter and panelist at industry conferences and events
- Money Management Institute’s Leadership Pathway program - Class of 2018
- CFA® charterholder
Areas of Expertise
- Trends influencing product development and management decisions at asset management firms
- The mutual fund landscape, vehicle attributes, share class structures and pricing
- Asset allocation model portfolios
- The US subadvisory market and the relationships between subadvisors and sponsors across all components of the subadvisory lifecycle
- Financial advisor use of investment products and strategies
Recent Project Work
- Market entry/expansion strategy for asset management firms considering growth opportunities
- Custom investor segmentation analysis to understand buying behavior and product use
- Pricing analysis of investment products/strategies to benchmark vs. peers and determine investor appetite
- Data-driven whitepaper on financial advisor use of bond ETFs
Learn More about the U.S. Product Development Practice
Cerulli’s U.S. Product Development practice explores demand, distribution, and innovation across packaged vehicles to provide the insights needed for continuous expansion.