U.S. Monthly Product Trends
Connect with U.S. Asset and Wealth Management Trends
- Evaluate AUM flows and trends for mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), money market funds, and new products
- Uncover top trends in active and passive management and evaluate innovation in product wrappers and fees
- Explore financial advisors’ current use and expected future use of investment types to generate alpha and provide downside risk protection
Explore this Publication
Explore regular and ongoing coverage of mutual funds and ETFs through the lens of retail third-party distribution in the United States. Monitor AUM and flows across all asset classes and gain insights and commentary into product trends.
July 2021 — ETF and Mutual Fund Trends Issue
- Managers Grapple with Strategic Decisions Amidst Interest in ETFs, Growth in Illiquid Alternatives, and Mass Customization
June 2021 — Retirement Issue
- The Advent of Defined Contribution Advisor Managed Accounts
May 2021 — Distribution Issue
- Expanding Their Offerings
April 2021 — Alternatives Investments Issue
- Hedge Funds Back in Favor Among Institutional Investors
March 2021 — Direct Indexing and Customization Issue
- Direct Indexing Moves Downmarket
February 2021 — Institutional Trends Issue
- A Shift in Vehicles from OCIO Providers
January 2021 — 2021 Outlook Issue
- Mutual Funds: What to Expect in 2021
December 2020 — Intermediary Distribution Issue
- Key Factors for Successfully Engaging with Professional Buyers
November 2020 — Outcome Orientation Issue
- Investors Desire Protection Over Performance
October 2020 — Defined Contribution Issue
- The Outlook for Private Equity in DC Plans
September 2020 — Fixed-Income Trends Issue
- COVID-19 Shifts Attention Toward Role of Fixed Income in DC Plans
August 2020 — Separate Account Trends
- The Next Iteration of Asset Allocation Model Portfolios
July 2020 — Institutional Investor COVID-19 Update Issue
- Performance Dispersion in Core Bond Portfolios
June 2020 — Asset Class and Vehicle Update Issue
- Large ETF Issuers Seek Implementation of ETF Classification System
May 2020 — Retail Product Trends Issue
- What Happened to Fixed-Income Funds in March?
April 2020 — 1Q 2020 in Review Issue
- In Crisis, Liquid Alternatives Struggle to Leave Investors Better Off
March 2020 — The Platform Issue
- Evolving Asset Allocation Model Platform Opportunity
February 2020 — Institutional Alternative Investment Use Issue
- Insurance General Accounts' Outsourcing of Alternative Asset Classes
Meet the Team
They bring sharp analytical skills, deep product knowledge, and expertise to present opportunities for product development. Set your strategy apart with our product development team.
As an analyst on the Cerulli Product Development team, Dennis discovers trends related to asset managers’ product development and management functions. He also contributes to a number of Cerulli’s annual reports and Edge editions.
Prior to joining Cerulli, Dennis worked as an Associate at Baystate Financial, where he was responsible for internal annuity sales support.
Full biography here.
Brendan Powers, CFA
Brendan is a member of Cerulli’s Product Development practice, which focuses on trends related to asset managers’ product development and management functions. This broadly includes assessing the opportunity for product development, evaluating emerging product trends, and understanding distribution and product positioning for investment products across retail and institutional channels.
Prior to joining Cerulli, Brendan worked as a Senior Client Associate at Eaton Vance Management, focusing primarily on the firm’s exchange funds.
Full biography here.
Daniil Shapiro, CFA
Daniil is part of Cerulli’s Product Development practice, where he works on the identification, analysis, and reporting of asset management industry trends with a focus on exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and alternative investments.
Prior to joining Cerulli Associates, Daniil was part of the Product Management and Business Intelligence teams with the MainStay Funds, part of New York Life Investment Management. At MainStay, Daniil supported sales efforts via fund and ETF competitive analysis, product research, and development of marketing materials, as well as performance reporting. Before New York Life, Daniil was part of the risk management practice at Accenture, and held risk and compliance roles at HSBC’s investment bank.
Full biography here.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Annual report
- Cerulli Edge
- Cerulli Lodestar