U.S. Monthly Product Trends
Connect with U.S. Asset and Wealth Management Trends
- Evaluate AUM flows and trends for mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), money market funds, and new products
- Uncover top trends in active and passive management and evaluate innovation in product wrappers and fees
- Explore financial advisors’ current use and expected future use of investment types to generate alpha and provide downside risk protection
Explore this Publication
Explore regular and ongoing coverage of mutual funds and ETFs through the lens of retail third-party distribution in the United States. Monitor AUM and flows across all asset classes and gain insights and commentary into product trends.
April 2022 — Alternatives Issue
- Go-Time for Intermittent Liquidity Fund Sales and Product Development
March 2022 — Vehicle-Agnostic Issue
- Thinking Outside the Product: Personalized SMAs will accelerate the focus on solutions instead of products in ‘40-Act wrappers
February 2022 — Institutional Update Issue
- Lower Interest Rates Have Average OCIO Advisory Fees Increasing
January 2022 — 2021 in Review Issue
- Groundhog Year for ETFs as Firms Continue to Evaluate Active Equity, Thematic and Sustainable, and Cryptocurrency Offerings
- Closures, Consolidations, and Conversions: What’s Happening with Mutual Funds
December 2021 — Index Trends Issue
- Direct Indexing Suddenly Finds a Wider Audience
November 2021 — Risk Management Issue
- Insurance General Accounts Use Structured Products to Balance Risk and Return
- Low Volatility Funds Continue to Bleed After Poor 2020 Performance
October 2021 — Portfolio Construction Issue
- Portfolio Construction Personas: The Model Portfolio Outsourcer
September 2021 — Retirement Income Product Issue
- Unlocking the RIAs: How Marketplaces Are Selling Annuities to Fee-Only Advisors
- ETFs as a Source of Retirement Income
August 2021 — Multi-Asset-Class Strategies Issue
- Multi-Asset-Class Solutions (MACS) Are an Underpinning of OCIOs
July 2021 — ETF and Mutual Fund Trends Issue
- Managers Grapple with Strategic Decisions Amidst Interest in ETFs, Growth in Illiquid Alternatives, and Mass Customization
June 2021 — Retirement Issue
- The Advent of Defined Contribution Advisor Managed Accounts
May 2021 — Distribution Issue
- Expanding Their Offerings
April 2021 — Alternatives Investments Issue
- Hedge Funds Back in Favor Among Institutional Investors
March 2021 — Direct Indexing and Customization Issue
- Direct Indexing Moves Downmarket
February 2021 — Institutional Trends Issue
- A Shift in Vehicles from OCIO Providers
January 2021 — 2021 Outlook Issue
- Mutual Funds: What to Expect in 2021
December 2020 — Intermediary Distribution Issue
- Key Factors for Successfully Engaging with Professional Buyers
November 2020 — Outcome Orientation Issue
- Investors Desire Protection Over Performance
Meet the Team
They bring sharp analytical skills, deep product knowledge, and expertise to present opportunities for product development. Set your strategy apart with our product development team.
Brendan Powers, CFA
Brendan is a member of Cerulli’s Product Development practice, which focuses on trends related to asset managers’ product development and management functions. This broadly includes assessing the opportunity for product development, evaluating emerging product trends, and understanding distribution and product positioning for investment products across retail and institutional channels.
Prior to joining Cerulli, Brendan worked as a Senior Client Associate at Eaton Vance Management, focusing primarily on the firm’s exchange funds.
Full biography here.
Daniil Shapiro, CFA
Daniil is part of Cerulli’s Product Development practice, where he works on the identification, analysis, and reporting of asset management industry trends with a focus on exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and alternative investments.
Prior to joining Cerulli Associates, Daniil was part of the Product Management and Business Intelligence teams with the MainStay Funds, part of New York Life Investment Management. At MainStay, Daniil supported sales efforts via fund and ETF competitive analysis, product research, and development of marketing materials, as well as performance reporting. Before New York Life, Daniil was part of the risk management practice at Accenture, and held risk and compliance roles at HSBC’s investment bank.
Full biography here.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Annual report
- The Cerulli Edge
- Cerulli Lodestar