The Future of Customization in Asset Management
July 18, 2023
How are asset managers responding to investor demand for advanced levels of portfolio customization across the retirement and retail markets? Where are the overlaps between the channels? What are the opportunities and considerations managers should weigh?
Hear from Cerulli’s Matt Belnap, associate director of U.S. Managed Accounts, and Shawn O’Brien, CFA, director of Retirement, as they answer these questions and more. This session addresses how customization will shape product development efforts across the retirement and retail investor channels for the foreseeable future and share projections for demand, adoption, and differentiation.
- Where do asset managers see the best opportunities for differentiation?
- What is the role of technology?
- What asset thresholds make sense for customization?
- What do asset managers and sponsors believe are the best use cases for direct indexing by investor type and asset class?
- How is customization driving retirement participant engagement and what is the outlook for personalized investment solutions in retirement plans?
Shawn O'Brien, CFA
Shawn leads the U.S. Retirement research practice, which focuses on the defined contribution (DC) and individual retirement account (IRA) markets. He also leads and supports strategic consulting projects for asset managers on their DC-related market entry and product distribution strategies.
Prior to joining Cerulli Associates, Shawn worked as a Research Associate at Harvard Business School, where he co-authored case studies on investment management for professional and personal investors and managing and innovating in financial services. Prior to that, he worked in the Currency Management group at State Street Global Markets, employing currency overlay strategies for large asset managers and asset owners.
Full biography here.
Access the Recording
Submit your information below to access the webinar.
You May Also be Interested in:
- Annual report
- The Cerulli Edge