Work at Cerulli
Become part of a team where you can make a difference, fulfill your professional ambitions, and have fun! Explore possibilities in our London office.
Retail & Institutional
This analyst position is based in the London office, and reports into the Director, European Retail and Director of Institutional. The Retail team researches and analyzes asset management product development practices and strategies, distribution trends, regulatory changes and their impact on the industry. They also research competitive intelligence on asset managers and distributors in the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, and the Nordics. Whilst the Institutional team focus on researching opportunities and challenges facing institutional asset managers, investment consultants, and European Institutional investors (e.g., defined benefit plans, endowments, insurers, etc.).
The position will be split between the Retail and Institutional team and is ideal for someone with experience in market intelligence and fund analysis in the asset management industry. The role is centered around the researching and analysis of the asset management and distribution industries across a variety of European countries to identify trends and produce industry-leading research and content for the world’s largest asset managers and other service providers.
The position’s primary role is to support lead analysts and to collaborate with other members of the firm’s research team to provide quantitative analytical support and qualitative insights for Cerulli. Successful candidates for this position will possess outstanding writing skills, strong industry knowledge and analytical mindset with a passion for asset management industry research and analysis.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in creating and delivering the suite of research publications produced by the company on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Assist lead research analysts in the development and analysis of proprietary surveys, interfacing with the Survey Analyst to administer surveys and chart results
- Help develop focused research panels, calling and emailing targeted participants to increase survey participation
- Support lead analysts by scheduling and attending research calls and meetings with senior executives and type detailed notes from the calls
- Collaborate with other analysts on monthly and quarterly publications, by helping with data‐gathering, analysis, chart creation and assembly
- Collect, compile and analysis large amount of qualitative and quantitative datasets working with Morningstar Direct, Broadridge, as well as other third-party databases (e.g. national and international industry associations, data providers and industry trade bodies)
- Help develop and maintain relationships with financial institutions, asset managers, industry trade associations, third‐party data vendors, and government agencies
- Propose and develop new analyses to expand Cerulli’s proprietary research
- Participate in research efforts by identifying key topics of interest and providing ideas and input throughout the report cycle
- 1‐3 years’ of experience in asset management, preferably in research or analytical role or as an investment writer
- Understanding of the Retail & Institutional asset management industry
- Superior quantitative acumen is a must; strong analytical skills with the ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in Excel and be able to manipulate and analyze sizeable amounts of data
- Outstanding project and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and to change course quickly as needed
- Aptitude for synthesizing research, identifying trends, and providing commentary on relevant industry issues
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to cultivate a network of industry contacts for research purposes
- Must have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, finance, or economics
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
Please send resumes to Elizabeth Munge, no phone calls please.
We've Got You Covered!
- Private Healthcare by AXA
- Life assurance – 4x multiple gross basic salary
- Critical Illness Insurance – 4x gross basic salary based on core plus additional cover
- Parental leave
We provide a generous vacation package—27 days throughout the year—for a well-earned rest and recognize eight public bank holidays.
We help our employees plan for their future with a generous company pension.
We are always seeking new opportunities to build camaraderie among employees with regularly catered lunches, group outings, and any reason to celebrate a local sporting event or holiday.
Giving back is important to us. On a regular basis, you can spot our team volunteering at local soup kitchens, running charity races, or organizing clothes drives in the office. To learn more about our commitment to corporate social responsibility, click here.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Our office is committed to creating a cleaner, greener environment. To learn more about the ways in which our office has gone the extra mile to “go green,” click here.
Cerulli Cares Event