Work at Cerulli
Join a thriving environment of creativity and collaboration. Located in the heart of Boston, our office is a hub of activity and team spirit. Look at our open positions and explore our top-notch benefits.
Retirement and Institutional Markets
The position is based in the Boston office, and focuses on research related to retirement investing and institutional asset management. This role reports to the Associate Director responsible for Retirement research.
The Retirement practice focuses on the defined contribution and individual retirement account (IRA) markets, including:
- Sizing of the 401(k) market and other defined contribution plan types
- Target-date funds, managed accounts, and other in-plan investment solutions
- Investor behaviors such as advisor usage, IRA rollovers, and trends in financial wellness
The Institutional practice focuses on defined benefit plans, insurance general accounts, and endowments and foundations, including:
- Environmental, social, and governance (ESG)-conscious investing
- Consultant intermediation and Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) services
- Alternative investment strategies and liability-driven investing
The position is ideal for someone who is analytical with superior attention to detail, strong communication skills, and the ability to work autonomously. Candidates should be adaptable, self-motivated, and seek to build deep industry expertise.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in the development and execution of surveys, coordinating with the Survey Analyst to administer surveys, chart results, and deliver benchmarking results
- Aggregate information from proprietary surveys as well as third-party sources and review data for accuracy in order to summarize results, synthesize quantitative insights, and identify key trends
- Develop focused research panels and contact targeted participants to drive engagement with Cerulli’s research
- Schedule and attend research discussions with senior executives in the industry to build subject-matter expertise
- Capture detailed notes from research discussions, internal meetings, and client engagements
- Collaborate with other analysts in the Retirement and Institutional practice to develop monthly and quarterly publications, contributing both quantitative exhibits and written commentary
- Participate in research efforts by identifying topics of interest and providing input throughout the report cycle
- 0 - 3 years’ experience in financial services, preferably in a product management, research, or analytical role; understanding of U.S. retirement markets and/or institutional asset management is helpful
- Understanding of basic investing concepts
- Superior analytical and financial modeling skills with the ability to manage large data sets
- Proficient in Excel (e.g., pivot tables and VLOOKUPS) and comfortable working with a variety of analytical/statistical software
- Exceptional attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Effective time management skills, able to meet deadlines and coordinate schedules across multiple practices and concurrent projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to respond productively to feedback and make ongoing improvements to work process
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Willingness to travel as needed for client meetings and/or industry conferences (post COVID)
- Preference is for a candidate with a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, statistics, or related field
Please send all resumes to Alexandra Sorrentino, no phone calls please.
We've Got You Covered!
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – HMO, PPO
- Vision Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability (100% company-paid)
- Life Insurance (100% company-paid)
- Long-Term Care (100% company-paid)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Parental Leave
- Healthy Actions Program - $300 reward if you go to your annual physical!
- Flexible spending account (FSA), dependent care, pet insurance, fitness reimbursements, class pass, and more!
- 15 paid company holidays
- 2 personal days
- 5 sick days
- 2 – 5 weeks of annual vacation for each employee
- 401(k) – both traditional and Roth options offered with company match
- Student loan repayment program through partnership with Gradifi
We are always seeking new opportunities to build camaraderie among employees with regularly catered lunches, group outings, and any reason to celebrate a local sporting event or holiday.
Giving back is important to us. On a regular basis, you can spot our team volunteering at local soup kitchens, running charity races, or organizing clothes drives in the office. To learn more about our corporate social responsibility actions, click here.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Our office is committed to creating a cleaner, greener environment. To learn more about the ways in which our office has gone the extra mile to “go green,” click here.
Annual Turkey Trot
Building Impact Events