In its eleventh iteration, this annual report provides a comprehensive analysis of the high-net-worth (HNW) (investable assets greater than $5 million) and ultra-high-net-worth (UHNW) (investable assets greater than $20 million) marketplaces in the United States. Specific focus is given to the UHNW segment, including market sizing, investor demand and sentiment, and wealth managers’ initiatives to attract and retain wealthy families.
Driven by the longest bull market on record, and accelerated growth among HNW households, Cerulli estimates a total $68 trillion will change hands from aging households to their heirs and to charities over the next 25 years. This shift in wealth will reshape the wealth management landscape and will force firms to alter their existing business models and services. This year’s report highlights the multigenerational shift in wealth, including sizing the overall opportunity, best practices to engage next-generation clients, common challenges when transferring wealth, and the implications for HNW providers.
Data in this report comes from Cerulli’s continuous decade-long research and analysis of the HNW marketplace, including proprietary and partnership surveys of wealth management executives, individual HNW-focused advisory practices, and asset managers.
Reasons To Purchase:
- Assess the implications of wealth transfer, including key demographic and wealth trends
- Evaluate asset and marketshare projections across HNW intermediary channels
- Analyze portfolio construction and product use trends among HNW advisory practices
- Understand HNW providers’ service offering, required minimum asset requirements, and fees
- Gain insight into asset managers’ most effective distribution strategies when targeting HNW channels