Senior Analyst, Retail Distribution
As a senior analyst, Matt plays a critical role in developing research across the retail financial services spectrum, including wealth management, managed accounts, and product development. Matt contributes to nine Cerulli reports across three research practices and manages The Cerulli Edge—U.S. Advisor quarterly publication.
Matt began his career in financial services at Eaton Vance investment management, serving in a variety of roles, ranging from shareholder services, to institutional marketing, and in competitive analysis seeking strategic distribution opportunities.
- Boston College
Bachelor of Arts in History, with minor in Theology, cum laude
- Boston University
Master of Business Administration
Areas of Expertise
- Shift in portfolio discretion and the growing adoption of asset allocation model portfolios among financial advisors
- Changing dynamics of managed account use among financial advisors and sponsor firms
- Financial advisor portfolio construction and product use, including mutual funds, ETFs, and annuities
- Marketing and messaging strategies used by asset managers and insurance companies
Recent Project Work
- Evaluation of marketing collateral of a large U.S. Insurance Company, specifically related to a new product launch
- Crafting advisor segmentation, as well as marketing and messaging strategy, for a large U.S. Variable Annuity provider
- Evaluation of the retail financial services response to increased market volatility amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- Evaluation of shifting balance of portfolio discretion between home offices and financial advisors
Learn More about the U.S. Wealth Management Practice
Our Wealth Management practice is split into four distinct areas of coverage—offering top-down and bottom-up insights into the multi-faceted corners of the industry.